COVID-19 Response: Program Safety Measures
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, at Vision Is Priceless we are dedicated to assessing, sustaining, and improving the visual health of children and adults in Northeast Florida. And we know, that despite the current state of affairs, the need for our sight-saving services has not changed, and will likely grow. After a seven week program pause, we are now offering our vision screening and care services on a limited basis. And while COVID-19 will not change our mission, it has changed our methods. We will be taking the following steps to ensure the safety of our clients, partner doctors, volunteers, and staff:
- we will limit the number of clients and exams to adhere to CDC social distancing guidelines;
- our team will wear masks and gloves during vision screenings;
- hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes will be available;
- we will be using a SPOT Vision Screener (a handheld, portable device) at our vision screenings for the immediate future, to limit/avoid contact with staff and equipment;
- our team will wash their hands for 20 seconds after every client interaction;
- our team, partner doctors, and associates will wear masks and gloves during eye exams;
- we will supply a pair of gloves for our clients to use for their frame selection;
- and all equipment, frames, and surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected after each exam.
Additionally, we are asking our clients—who are attending vision screenings or exams—to:
- wear a mask;
- attend a screening at a later date and/or reschedule their exam if they are exhibiting signs of COVID-19 or believe they have been in contact with someone who may have been exposed;
- come to their appointment by themselves or limit who comes with them to one person (who we will ask to wait outside or in their vehicle);
- and to adhere to the CDC’s social distancing guidelines of 6 feet whenever possible.
If you have questions or need more information, call us at (904) 503-2423.